Saturday 27th February, 2021.
MELBOURNE BEERFEST COVID-19 SAFETY MESSAGE:
Your Health and Safety is Important To Us!
Melbourne BeerFest event sites offer ample space to follow current physical distancing requirements and still deliver the same full BeerFest exciting experience you’ve grown to love!
For your safety, we will be implementing focused measures that you will notice to ensure total compliance with all relevant and recommended Government restrictions and protocols.
- To limit handling, BeerFest will be 100% cashless
- All drinks will be served from single use, compostable cups
- To ensure absolute contact tracing, all tickets will need to be pre-purchased online. No door sales will be available. No exceptions will be made
- Ground markers where possible to assist with physical distancing
- Signage will be placed throughout the site to remind everyone about physical distancing and best hygiene practices
- Additional dedicated cleaners on site during the event and in-between sessions cleaning and sanitising
- Multiple hand-sanitisers and hand-washing stations will be placed and maintained at high traffic areas on site including a hand sanitiser at each stall
- Dedicated Covid marshalls
- Colbrow Medical officers will be onsite to offer assistance to anyone feeling unwell
- Contact tracing will be in place should we need to contact you following the event
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Please wear a mask where possible
- Masks will be available at the HQ office and First Aid tent for those who require them
- If you are feeling at all unwell, don’t attend
- While on site practice best hygiene and wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times and respect those around you
Please be aware: Beerfest is a COVID Safe Event Site.
Failure to comply any government guidance, State directives or legislation with regards to COVID-19 or any other relevant health directions could result in your entry being refused or your ejection from the venue.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN IS MELBOURNE BEERFEST?
Saturday 27th February, 2021
WHAT ARE FESTIVAL TIMES?
Two sessions on the one day:
- Day Session: 11 AM – 3:30 PM
- Evening Session: 5 PM – 9:30 PM
WHERE IS THE FESTIVAL?
Catani Gardens, St Kilda, VIC. See on google maps.
WHO’S GOING TO BE AT THE FESTIVAL?
~50 brewer/ cider/ cocktail/ wine stalls with food trucks. You can see a list of who’s attending, with a festival map available very soon.
WHERE CAN I BUY MY TICKET?
Tickets are available now via eventbrite.
Important: due to COVID requirements, this will be a 100% cashless events. Strictly no gate sales will be available, buy tickets online in advance.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN THE TWO SESSIONS?
The day session is all ages, while the evening session is 18+ only.
HOW WILL THIS EVENT OPERATE IN A COVIDSAFE MANNER?
The BeerFest Australia team is experienced in delivering COVIDsafe events that work within and are updated in accordance to the most current Government framework.
Melbourne BeerFest will be our 6th COVID safe event in 2020/ 2021. In the unlikely event that BeerFest is cancelled for reasons beyond our control, 90% of your ticket will be refunded immediately
WHAT DO I GET FOR THE PRICE OF MY TICKET?
Your ticket includes:
- 1:1 interaction with a huge range of Craft Beers, Ciders, Rum, Whisky and more, along with an exclusive hands on experience with food producers!
- Master-classes, live demonstrations and tastings (day session only)
- Live comedy (evening session only)
- Kids entertainment and activities (day session only)
What are master classes?
Masterclasses offer an exciting up-close and personal way for beer experts to share their knowledge, experience and passion for all things craft beer. Our master-classes or as we like to call them beer education sessions will take place every hour throughout the weekend.
These sessions include, but are not limited
- Master Brewer Forums
- Beer/Food matching
- Live Brew demonstrations
- Home/Commercial Brewing discussions
- Industry experiences
Master classea are available for both our day & evening sessions. Plan your visit with our master classes schedule now.
How much are the drinks?
Drinks will vary from $1-$2 for 100ml tastings to $6-$9 for a ~300ml pour and will be decided by the stall holders.
Note as per COVID requirements, the festival will be 100% cashless.
Will gate sales be available?
As per COVID-19 restrictions the festival will be cashless. This includes no gate sales been available.
Grab your tickets online.
What drink options besides beer are available?
Besides our large craft beer selection; cocktails, seltzers, wine, ciders, spirits will be available along with gluten free and alcohol free options.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Day Session: Children are only allowed to attend if accompanied by their legal guardian. The Day Session: 11 AM – 3:30 PM is the ONLY session children are allowed to attend with their parent / legal guardian.
Evening Session: Our evening session is strictly ages 18+ only.
Are gluten free options available?
We try to ensure there’s a wide variety of food and drink options for people to choose from. This includes some GF options.
Will there be non-alcoholic beverages?
YES! There will be a variety of amazing food, water, juices and soft drinks available for purchase onsite. Complimentary water stations will also be provided.
Will there be pass outs?
Yes, the festival goes all day and there is a lot to take in, so you may need a break or two to catch your breath throughout the weekend.
Can I bring my pet?
We love our cuddly friends as much as everyone. However, sometimes our little friends can make people uncomfortable or become a health problem where food is around so we just can’t let them on site. If there is a medical need for your pet, please contact us to organise in advance.
What items can I bring (and NOT bring)?
A folding chair is allowed at the festival. Bags/ jackets may be subject to search on entry.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Outside alcohol
- Outside food/ beverages
- Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)
- Illegal drugs
- Fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
- Backpacks, suitcases, large beach bags, etc.
- Skateboards, roller skates, ice skates, use of roller shoes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Other items as determined by facility management
What are the terms and conditions of entry?
Event management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case by case basis. Depending on the item, the guest may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of the item, or may be ejected from the facility. All bags, jackets, and guests are subject to search upon entering the event.
Items which have varying policies include: cameras, video/audio recording equipment, and signs/ flags/ banners/ posters.
Can I smoke anywhere at the festival?
These festivals are non-smoking events, there will be designated areas will be signposted throughout the site.